Hello friends! It’s been a quick sec since I’ve posted on here – a little social media/blog detox if you will. With June just two days away (*gasp*), I figured it was the perfect time to fill you in on a few new (& a few old!) beauty products I’ve been loving this past month! If you’ve been around these parts long or if you follow me on social media, you know I stick to the same beauty and skincare products (basically) every day but I’ve been trying very hard to make it a point to try some new goodies as of late. If you dig this post, I’ll be sure to keep it going! I’m also thinking about doing a post about the products I’ve tried but *didn’t* love….. But, without further ado, my May beauty favorites:
- Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray – Are hair products even considered beauty products? Either way, I absolutely love this sea salt spray! I apply it before I blow dry my hair and it gives it the perfect amount of texture and grit for long-lasting curls. It’s the perfect weight and doesn’t weigh my hair down, which is awesome when I want extra volume! You can also apply it to your hair and let it air dry, but I’ve yet to try that out, so if you have – let me know how it worked out in the comments below!
- Hangover Replenishing Face Primer – I have combination skin but I tend to break out very easily so I take extreme caution when it comes to trying new concealer, foundation, and primers. I had been using the NYX Angel Veil primer but didn’t *love* it so I kind of gave up on primers for a bit there. Enter a recent run to Ulta and I’m hooked on this one! I use it every single day and it’s made with coconut water so it doesn’t break out my skin – hollllllaaaa.
- Lower Lash Mascara – I have zero idea why it took me so long to try this lower lash mascara – it’s seriously a game changer! If you’re one that tends to get mascara all over their face when applying to their lower lashes, you have to pick up a tube on your next Target run. And yes, it is worth every. single. penny.
- Born to Glow Illuminator – Up until linking products to this post, I thought this was the only size this illuminator came in…………… thank goodness it comes in a bigger size, I was going through it like crazy! If you’re challenged (like me) when it comes to highlighter – this product is for you. I apply it (with my beauty blender!) to the high point of my cheekbone, on the bridge of my nose, and under the arch of my eyebrow to get a natural looking glow for the days I’m feeling extra fancy.
- Liquid Lip Velvet (c/o) – I received these lip colors a few months back but haven’t been a whole lot of lipstick over the last couple months so they were seeing a lot of the bottom of my makeup bag. But, during May I told myself I would get back in the lip game and naturally reached for my favorite lip colors: bright plum and fawn rose. The lip velvets are the best because they are moisturizing, long lasting, and the colors are gorgeous!
What products have you been loving this month?
SHOP THE POST:
DRYBAR MAI TAI SEA SALT SPRAY / TOO FACED HANGOVER REPLENISHING FACE PRIMER /PIXI BY PETRA LOWER LASH MASCARA / NYX BORN TO GLOW ILLUMINATOR / BURBERRY LIQUID LIP VELVET IN ‘BRIGHT PLUM’ AND ‘FAWN ROSE’ C/O