What’s better than refreshing summer drink? Answer: A refreshing adult summer drink. I’ve never been much of a sangria gal, but I recently whipped up a watermelon sangria to enjoy one weekend with my mom by the pool and it’s our new go-to. It’s easy to make, refreshing, and the perfect drink to enjoy this summer (or all the time – I’m not judging).
With this recipe, I recommend you make it to taste. Some might say that I make it strong, but I beg to differ. If you want more of a wine taste, ease up on the vodka, and vice versa. I will warn you that if you make this the next time you have company over, you will drink a lot of it so be sure to double (or triple!) the recipe!
- - Pillsbury™ Classic Pizza Crust
- - 1 C Hamburger Meat
- - 1 1/2 C Shredded Cheese
- - Pickle Chips
- - 2 Slices American Cheese
- - 1/2 C Bacon Bits
- - 3/4 C Ketchup
- - 1/4 C Mayonnaise
- - Squirt of Mustard
- - Cook up the hamburger meat in a skillet
- - Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- - Roll out pizza dough and put it on a greased cookie sheet
- - Mix ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard together and spread out on dough
- - Layer shredded cheese, hamburger meat, bacon bits, American cheese, and pickles on top of sauce covered dough
- - Cook in oven for 12 minutes
- - Enjoy!
- - I used the shredded pizza cheese (a mix of cheddar and mozzarella) but you can use whatever type of cheese you prefer on your burger!
- - Rip apart your slices of American cheese and place randomly over hamburger meat
- - I suggest putting the pickles on the very top so that if there are friends and family members eating the pizza that don't like them, they can easily take them off!
What is your go-to beverage for summertime fun?